We started in Burkina Faso ….
Burkina Faso is one of the poorest countries on earth, located in West Africa. In 2009, most of the population ( 72.6%) was living with less than 2 US Dollars per day (source : World Bank). During the years 2000, gross school enrollment ratio in primary improved significantly, thanks to the combined action of Burkina Faso government, international institutions and NGOs. Following this trend, son all children will be given the opportunity to go to school, at least for few years. In secondary education, everything is still to be done.
… building schools
To start with, we focused on building schools, as this is a huge financial investment, far from profitable. The government takes care of current expenses : teachers salary, equipment, … To give you an idea, building a full 3-class school approximately costs 40 000 Euros, i.e. around 36,000 £ or 43,000 US$.
- Where do we work in Burkina Faso?
- Pamnonghin primary school – 2009
- Dawanegomde primary school – 2012
- Sanaba high school classrooms – 2012-2014
- Annual Summer Camp in July– since 2013
- Komsilga library – 2014
- Tô technical training centre – 2015
- Pamnonghin healthcare centre – 2020
- Maya Angelou sponsored high school – since 2014